Wednesday 20 May 2020

Mindfulness Five Senses Check In


Right now, we might all have moments of feeling confused and worried about the future. How about trying a few activities to help you to stay present and connected to yourself and the environment? 

These five games and activities can be done at home or when you go out for a daily walk. You can do it alone, but during this time of being separate from others, maybe find someone else to share them with. 

Name five things that you can see
Name four things you can hear 
Name three things that you can feel
Name two things that you can smell 
Name one thing that you can taste


Play a game of 'I spy' to wake up your senses and help you notice what is around you. Try using you other senses to play ‘I hear’ and ‘I smell’. 

Find five different objects, they could be from inside your house or perhaps you can find them during a walk. Really take time to look and feel them. Describe the texture and what you notice about the object. 

Play a game of 'I see. I know. I wonder...' take it in turns, to say one thing you see right there and then, one thing you know and then share one thing you wonder. Example, 'I see my hand typing. I know it is nearly bath time. I wonder how many people in the world might eat pasta today?

See if you can observe something new about something you might see or eat every day like an apple. 

Five Senses~ | Where's My Xanax?















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your ideas!
Make sure one of your adults gives your the thumbs up to comment on the blog.